Beef Ribeye Roast & Vegetables
Beef cut: Prime Rib Roast
Total preparation & cooking time: 2-to-3 hours
For the meat
1 well-marbled Snow Creek Ranch Bone-In Prime Rib roast, small end (4-6 pounds)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 pounds small new potatoes, cut in half
1 package (1 pound) baby carrots
2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch thick wedges
For the Seasoning
4 large cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to 250F. Combine seasoning ingredients and onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so top is covered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat.
- Do not add water to cover.
- Roast in 350F oven for 1-to-2 hours for medium rare; 2-to-2 1/2 hours for medium. Have a beer while you wait.
About 1 hour before roast is done, combine remaining seasoning with oil in large bowl. Add vegetables; toss. Place vegetables on rack around roast.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135F for medium rare; 150F for medium.
- Tent with aluminum foil and let stand 15 to 20 minutes (temperature will continue to rise about 10F to reach 145F for medium rare; 160F for medium).
- Meanwhile increase oven temperature to 450F; continue roasting vegetables for 15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Carve roast into slices, and season with salt to taste.
Serve with vegetables and a full-bodied red wine.