Farm to Fork Picnic @ the Ranch
Our Farm to (Picnic) Blanket Event Is Just Around the Corner!
Wow! We can’t believe how fast this summer is zipping by! We’re already just a few weeks away from our next farm to fork event: Farm to Blanket – A Family Picnic @ the Ranch!
Since our last farm to fork event was such a great time, our whole team here at Snow Creek Larkspur is super excited about the picnic, and we’re already planning some of the fun activities for the kids, cold drinks for the grownups, and obviously, a delicious farm to fork picnic menu that the whole family will be into!
Where – Snow Creek Larkspur – 10997 Spruce Mountain Rd, Larkspur, CO 80118
How much? – Only $65 / Person!
Farm to Fork Picnic Activities for the Kids
We’ve already put Will, Ben, Mick, Joe and Anna to work planning out some great stuff to keep the kids (of all ages!) busy and entertained until supper time.
- Feeding the Chickens
- Hayrides on Our Vintage Hay Wagon
- Pony Rides with Scout – the Ranch Pony
- Hang Out with Pepperoni – Everyone’s Favorite Miniature Steer!
- Farm Tours – Don’t Tell the Kids, But They Might Actually Learn Something About Farm Life at This Picnic
- Epic Tag
- Scavenger Hunts
- Parachute Games
- Treasure Hunting in the Arena for Coins & Arrowheads
What’s in Your Farm to Fork Picnic Basket?
So, as usual, farm to fork catering guru, Chef Tussaint has totally outdone himself with his amazing menu!
- Sliders – Featuring our own Snow Creek Ranch Beef (naturally!)
- The Roving Rooster’s Cayenne Buttermilk Fried Chicken – OK, we had this one for lunch a couple of weeks ago, and holy Toledo is it ever tasty! Crispy and moist, with just a little bit of a kick!
- Dill Buttermilk Biscuit
- Jalapeno Slaw
- Farm Fresh Egg Salad – Featuring Miller Farms potatoes, tarragon, radish, and farm fresh eggs from our own chickens right here at the ranch (our chickens are layers, not fryers, so don’t feel weird about enjoying that fried chicken!)
- Mixed Green Salad – With mixed local baby lettuces, toasted pecans, jicama, and a maple dijon vinaigrette
- Mason Jar Buttermilk Panna Cotta – Topped with a coulis of local mixed berries
And of course, what goes better with an old-timey family picnic than lemonade – that cool refreshing drink? We’ll be serving versions for both adults and children, along with beer and wine!
Don’t forget, this farm to fork event is BYOB (Bring Your Own Blanket)
As with all our farm to fork events, Michelle and Joe will be hosting, leading a brief prayer before our meal, mingling with guests and showing folks around the ranch.
At the end of our evening, we’ll also be offering Snow Creek Ranch Beef for sale. That’s right, you can take home our incomparable steaks, roasts and burger!
Final Reminder: Snow Creek Larkspur is also available to host your traditional wedding, corporate retreat, or special event (Check out our roundup from the amazing prom we hosted earlier this spring!).
For information, to inquire about farm to table catering, or to purchase tickets, call Laurie Adams at 303-875-7285, or email email@example.com.